Date: Tue 28 July at 7pm (duration: 1 hour)
Introduction to the Music Business
This session is a four-part series bundled into a playlist. Click the “playlist” button in the top right of the video window to view all parts in this session.
In our first Youth in Music session, industry professionals James Stewart-Rattray, Paul Sharman and Gary Burrows cover many aspects of getting started in the music business, as well as answering viewer’s own music related questions.
Topics covered will include:
- What you can expect from these sessions
- What is a mentor, meet a mentor
- The Music Business then, now and what’s to come after COVID-19
- The basics: What is important
- How can you earn money from your music; APRA
- Writing good songs and playing shows are the foundation of any music career