- This event has passed.
Climate Ready Regions Conference South Australia
18 April @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pmAU87.00
Are you ready to harness the opportunities of the changing climate?
Climate change is affecting us all. It requires everyone in our community to act – including individuals, businesses, community groups, and all levels of government. While we are vigilantly working together to strengthen our resilience, we can leverage our advantages to harness opportunities from the transitioning economy.
Join us for the inaugural South Australian Climate Ready Regions Conference, to explore what it means to be climate ready, and be inspired by those already leading the way.
Our speakers will cover:
• Regional South Australian businesses that are establishing commercially integrated solutions for climate risk management
• Community organisations that are strengthening the resilience of our communities
• Aboriginal enterprises that are harnessing their knowledge to build inter generational capital
• South Australian regional, cross-sector partnerships that have been taking climate action for a decade
• Opportunities in water, waste, energy, biodiversity, land management and ESG.
Confirmed speakers include:
• Martin Haese, CEO of Business SA and Chair of the Premier’s Climate Change Council
• Christian Hampson, Co-Founder of Yerrabingin, Sydney NSW
• Mark Robinson, Townsville City Council QLD
• Jen St Jack, Central Coordinator of the South Australian Regional Climate Partnerships
• Dr. Melissa Nursey-Bray, Adelaide University
The full program will be available from February 2020 and will include an optional site visit to Watervale – Commercially integrated solutions in order to have economic as well as ecological sustainability … Penobscot Farm and Watervale Hotel.
Plus there will be a combined Friday networking event at Mr Micks in Clare on 17 April 2020 in partnership with the SA Parks and Leisure Conference and SA Adaptation Practitioners Network forum. This will include food and native flavours and wine tasting with key note speaker Rebecca Sullivan, Co-owner of Warndu (separate booking required)